Cardiology is a branch of medicine that deals with the study and treatment of cardiovascular disorders. Heart defects and diseases are a big problem today and are considered the main killer of modern man.
According to data for cardiology from the World Health Organization, over 17 million people die of heart disease every year. In the Republic of Croatia, almost half of all the deaths are caused by cardiovascular diseases each year.
Here are 10 reasons why you should have regular checkups with a cardiologist:
– You got a recommendation from the family doctor
– You have diabetes
– You feel chest pain
– Lack of air and a feeling of suffocation after minimum physical effort
– Cardiac arrhythmia
– High blood pressure
– If you are a smoker (active or former)
– High blood cholesterol
– If someone in your family has had heart problems before
– If you have started a new exercise program
The most common heart diseases are:
– Coronary heart disease (narrowing and clogging of the arteries) that causes a heart attack
– High blood pressure (higher than 140 mm Hg and 90 mm Hg) which causes heart attack and stroke
– Heart failure (congestive heart failure) – the heart progressively weakens and loses its ability to work
If you have any of the above problems with the heart or blood vessels – do not be afraid! In the modern age, a large number of people live normally with these heart problems. If you have symptoms, it is important to react in time and go to a cardiologist. With modern medicine and changing life habits, everything can be cured in time.
According to statistics – more than 70% of deaths caused by these problems can be prevented by changing life habits.
In addition to regular checkups with a cardiologist, we recommend that you change your living habits such as:
– Quit smoking
– Reduction of excessive alcohol consumption
– Healthier diet enriched with fruits, vegetables and fish
– Better physical activity – take a longer walk at least once or twice a day
– Avoiding stressful situations
The Cardiology Clinic at the Marin Med Polyclinic performs complete cardiological examinations, after which, based on the anamnesis, detailed clinical examination and, if necessary, additional examinations, an accurate diagnosis of the disease is made and appropriate therapy is prescribed.
Cardiologists at the Marin Med Polyclinic are one of the most experienced in Croatia and beyond. In our clinic you will receive top treatment and care for you and the health of your heart!
– Ultrasound of the heart
– Electrocardiogram (ECG)
– Holter ECG
– 24 hour blood pressure recording (Holter pressure)
– Color Doppler artery and leg vein
– Color Doppler of the jugular veins
If you want to find out more about cardiology – feel free to contact us or visit us at our clinic!
- Echocardiography (TTE) with doppler evaluation of flow
- Stress testing
- 12lead electrocardiogram
- 24hrs Holter ECG monitoring
- 24hrs blood pressure monitoring
- Ultrasound color duplex of arterial and venous blood flow of peripheral blood vessels
- Ultrasound color duplex of renal arteries
- Ultrasound color duplex of carotid arteries and extracranial part of vertebral arteries
- Respiratory function testing (spirometry)